Best Tips For Growing English Ivy at Home
Tips For Growing English Ivy at Home
English Ivy (Botanical name: Hedera Helix) is one of the most popular indoor plant. Although, it is considered to be a serious weed, it is sold as an ornamental plant in United States and many other countries. The best thing about this plant is that it “almost carefree”.
It is an evergreen perennial climbing creeper which attaches to almost everything, such as bark of trees, bricks, walls and other root like structures. It spreads vigorously growing at the tips of stems. It grows best in well-drained fertile soil. Water logged soil spoils its growth.
If you like the above picture and need this type of English ivy, just care of the following tips:
- Keep them where they can get at least 4 hours of sunlight.
- If you are supposed to grow the plant for your wall, keep them nearer to the wall, as much as possible.
- Keep the soil evenly moist, which means, almost equal amount of water everywhere.
This plant is trimmed to make it more beautiful, and it also prevents the plant from bacterial infection The plant is evergreen and can be grown in shady places, also . This property gives this plant three important advantages:
- It can be used to cover the walls, making the walls look extremely elegant.
- This plant can be used for the control of soil erosion, especially in slope areas.
- It can be directed to climb over a net of wires, and the place can be used for shade.
Most common diseases which occur in this plant are bacterial leaf spot and stem canker. These diseases can be prevented by avoiding high temperature, high humidity and wetting the foliage.
Read Also : Growing tips for Aloe Vera.
You may be interested
Tips for growing plants in the autumn / winterAdmin - Oct 13, 2015
Growing plants in the autumn may not be that easy If you plan to grow plants or edibles in the autumn - you…
Best tips for growing carrot at homeAdmin - Oct 03, 2015
Carrot (Daucus carota) is a cool season root vegetable. A rich source of vitamin A, carrot is recommended by doctors for healthy eye…
Easily Growing Flower PlantsAdmin - Sep 26, 2015
India is a versatile country and similarly, its soil has lot of variety. Hence, the indoor plants which can be grown in India…